22 Nov 2019

Time goes fast and days are intense in Georgia

It has been two months since I started my ESC adventure in Georgia. Time goes so fast! I tried to spend it actively and days are intense.
So, during these 2 months I traveled a lot! So far, Samtskhe-javakheti is my favourite region. The visit in Vardzia and Achalciche was really impressive, I loved Rabati castle and the city in caves. Apart from that, I have been to other parts of the country: Svaneti (Mestia and Ushguli), Racha, Gori and Uplistsikhe, Sighnaghi, Telavi and Kvareli, Borjomi nad Bakuriani, as well as Dashbashi and Birtvisi canions. Every weekend, I try to move somewhere out of Rustavi and explore Georgia... and there are still so many places which I would like to see! The more I travel, the more interesting destinations I discover. My favourite way of moving around is... hitchhiking! It works so well here in Georgia. It never takes more than 5 minutes until a car stops. People often give me a lift even if my destination is not exactly on their way. I find Georgians really hospitable and helpful! Once it even happened to me that I was invited for a Supra :D So much fun, and so much good food and wine! That's what I love hitchhiking for: you never know which kind of interesting people you are going to meet. That's the best way to meet locals!

So this is how I spend my weekends, now a bit more about what I do from Monday to Friday. I spend most of the time in GYE office and there is always something going on here. Five times per week I give language classes: basic and advanced Spanish, as well as basic French. There are still many places left in the groups, so if you happen to be willing to learn these languages or if you know someone who wants to learn them, just come and join us! It is not like a boring school class, we have fun, play games and learn in an entertaining way.
Once a week, I lead Psychology Workshop. I am really happy to run this club! Last year, I graduated from psychological studies but I have to admit that in Poland this university degree is pretty theoretical. We read many books and articles, have lot of discussions... but there is not much space for practice. That's why here, in GYE, it is the first time when I actually have the opportunity to run a real workshop and apply my knowledge in practice. That's useful! Every week I choose a different topic: so far we talked about unconsciousness, social influence mechanisms, the psychological explanation for evil, as well as about human brain, its possibilities and limitations. I am happy to have active participants and interesting discussions with them. Not only I teach them something every week, but they also share their knowledge with me and have already taught me a lot! People seem to be very interested in psychology.

To sum up, time goes really fast here Georgia! There are so many things to do, so many beautiful places to discover and so many interesting people to meet. I hope I will not slow down my daily rhythm until the end of my stay here!





Hanna



No comments:

Post a Comment