10 Aug 2020

Elene Esakia ESC Story from Lithuania

My name is Elene Esakia. I was a volunteer in Šiuauliai Dermes school. Šiauliai is 4th biggest city in Lithuania. And my school is only one which takes kids with special needs from all aver the country. This means that we have dormitory in school territory where students live and where I lived for one year. 
To explain more clearly it is little Hogwarts located in Lithuania where special kids study and very kind teachers teach. 
My work started from 2 o'clock. At mornings I had a free time so I was walking around the lakes, after that my shift would start and I'd go to very educational classes with my kids. I'd take care of them and also learn something new by myself. We had lessons in dancing, florists, crafts, ethnography and sports.


Those classes helped me to create my own personal project. I sewed a Georgian national dress on a doll, painted an old guitar in old Tbilisi views, and created a book about Georgian alphabet. Unfortunately in the middle of my project happened world pandemic and everything got closed. Our organization took care of us, I had to stay one more month because there were no flights, but our coordinator did everything she could for us to be comfortable in different country.
If you'll apply for Siauliai Dermes School as a volunteer believe me you will spend a very beautiful one year in a very beautiful and hospitable Lithuania





No comments:

Post a Comment