21 May 2021

Meri Tsitskishvili - "Forest Tale" ESC project in Bulgaria

I have heard about the volunteer program a long time ago, I have heard a lot about how great opportunities the experience and knowledge of the volunteer program will give you, but I have never had the courage to take this crucial step. 

However, when I read about the forest tale, ESC project that involved a group of volunteers from different countries began on March 19 and ended on May 17 in Varhovrah, Bulgaria. Project mission was to promote and encourage an ecological and sustainable lifestyle through and intercultural perspective.

I had never heard of Bulgaria before, all I knew was that it belonged to the Black Sea countries. I realized it was my chance. I am from an industrial city where ecology is a major problem. This project gave me the opportunity to learn about ecology and find a solution, the most important of which was to attract people interested in caring for the environment. The project gave me a lot of opportunities to work with the team, plan activities and take care of the environment, but the most interesting was to make a small film that left a small message to the public - take care of the environment. Also culinary and traditional days, which shared many cultures and allowed me to imagine my country, where we prepared many Georgian dishes, as well as prepared Khinkali for sixteen people and taught Georgian dance, which many volunteers wanted to learn. After which many volunteers expressed a desire to see Georgia.

It was unforgettable to discover Bulgaria while traveling to its beautiful cities or villages, I prepared a dazzling traditional Bulgarian cheese that is very tasty. We hosted a fire team with whom we were preparing the scenery and one evening we saw a fire show. The project was loaded with lots of exciting activities, I learned to work with the camera and I learned to shoot the right shots.

I can confidently say that my life has changed dramatically during these two months. I want many young people to experience volunteering, as similar projects offer young people another stage of development and opportunities





No comments:

Post a Comment