29 Jul 2021

I have two chapters: My life before ESC and after ESC

Hello. I'm Gvantsa, from Georgia. I have a bachelor's degree in psychology and a master's degree in special education. I’ve always been interested in working with children with disabilities, that's why I've been working in this field for 5 years. I have never stopped learning in my profession. I always wanted to do more for my students and to get to know to foreign countries’ practice. During this period I thought about what I could do to develop myself in my profession. When pandemic period started in Georgia it was very stressful. COVID-19 has changed our daily lives, but even in these difficult circumstances, unexpected good news happened. I missed active life and live communication with children and people, because I worked online. That’s why I decided to participate in European Solidarity Corps Voluntary project.

To be honest, I was a little scared at first, but I also was excited to participate in this project. For me it was a new challenge. I thought that it would be a great chance to gain some experience, living in a foreign country, getting to know to new people and culture. Also, I was happy that I would be able to share my opinions, points of view, knowledge and would broaden my horizon.

When I started living in Poland, it was very delightful and exciting. As a foreigner, I would be happy to share Georgian traditions to people. I would meet a lot of children and teachers here at school, collaborate and cooperate with them, as well as learn many fun and useful activities. For instance: supporting children in learning process, handmade craft and zero waste activities, cooking, dancing and language classes, sport activities, preparing workshops: New year, Easter, Georgian and European weeks, and etc. I learnt new methods, which I’ll use with my students in my country. I’m sure that this experience will undoubtedly improve my professional knowledge.

Besides, this project was the great way to learn a lot of things about myself because I’m really getting out of my own comfort zone with meeting and living with other people. I’ve finished my volunteering project. This period has really fulfilled me with positive emotions and unforgettable moments including my travelling with other volunteers in Poland and in different countries. During the project, we had a lot of interesting and significant activities connected to the main topic. Also our hosting organization “ANAWOJ” was kind, hard-working, hospitable and really supportive throughout the project. 

Now I can say without doubt: ESC has changed my life and I am so glad to have had this opportunity. My expectation about this project came true. I really believe that ESC is an experience that no one ever forgets. It happened to my life and I believe, this can happen to your life also, if you never give up on your dreams and do your best to participate in this project. ESC is really one of best opportunities, if you want to change your life. Now I can boldly say, I have two chapters: My life before ESC and after ESC.




No comments:

Post a Comment