28 Feb 2018

Agas first impression

Aga Wiechecka Polish Long term EVS - "February ends, spring is at the doorstep, almost two months have passed since I arrived in January. Rustavi has become my home for this time and will be for the next 10 months. During this time, I experienced a lot, I met interesting people whose stories influenced me. The first impression about Georgia? Well, I remember the snowy night when I arrived. The view from the airport was quite depressing because it was snowing and I really wanted to escape the winter. Warm welcome by the members of GYE was a kind of consolation prize :) Later it was getting better also learning Georgian language ;) Step by step and I finally will be able to have a little conversation  :) Beginnings aren't usually  so easy. Especially in a new country where you do not know anyone. The adaptation process sometimes takes several months, but in my case fortunately it hasn’t been so long. Working at GYE gave me reasons to do new things, meet new people, and try to find myself in new situations. Every day  brings something new, including teaching my mother tongue for the first time and working with children. The geography and environmental workshops are among my favorites because I consider myself responsible for these things. Also discovering the country is one of the things that I like most. Spontaneous hitchhiking trips are the best way to get to know the country, people and local culture. Also, the workshops I lead and some that I participate gave me great opportunity for spending my time in useful way. Being part of such a community is one of the things that everyone should try without the risk of losing time and regret". 





No comments:

Post a Comment