26 Mar 2012

Adam's trip to Kurdistan

Because Georgia is so close to Middle-East, I've decided to spent my Christmas/New Year's Eve time in near Turkey and Iraq! First I planned Armenia, but then I realized that Kurdish regions in those 2 countries are so close, and I wanted to go there for years... Well, in short summary I can say, that it's worth to go to such regions, just to confront stupid stereotypes. War and kurdish fights with turkish army- this is what we hear mostly about this region. In general, when we're watching TV or reading news, we could think- this world sucks and going to an end! But, if we just go there and meet those people... We can change our mind, we can see how hospitable, friendly and good are people, who we never met before!
Urfa


in Mardin donkeys are still popular transport for arabic merchants



Mardin

kurdish flag on iraqi border

park in kurdish capitol, Erbil

Ankawa has a big Christian community



kurdish family hosted were really great people

georgian-turkish border in Sarpi



all the time in Turkey kids were accosting me- sometimes for photo, more often for money

Adam in Mardin:)

Hasankeyf

Hasankeyf



Anyways, Kurdistan is very beautiful place, with many historical sights and nature. And the most important- amazing people!
I hope I'll be able to come back there someday, to spend there much more time, than only two weeks:-)

Adam

Ps. For those, who can read polish, here is my article about this trip:  http://www.psz.pl/tekst-40905/Autostopem-przez-Kurdystan

No comments:

Post a Comment