13 Feb 2019

Life changing EVS in Italy!


My name is Nino Kurtanidze. EVS gave me an opportunity to live and work in another country in a totally different situation. I were eager to take part in the project because I knew it could give me personal growth, new skills, and different life experience except studying and daily routine. I was volunteer in non-profit organization which hold a country house for educational and environmental activities in Rome suburb-Aniene Valley.
I prepared rooms for the groups and restored area around the structure.I had opportunity of gardening and helping professional cookers in the kitchen to prepare traditional Italian food for for the guests. I did morning yoga, gymnastics, guiding in the nature and some adventurous activities with the scout kids. I helped educators to work with refugee guys.

With the team I planned some programmes and excursions for foreign group. I’ve got workshop of fixing bicycles and took part in the project of Google Trekking. Also I had an exchange with another organization where I worked  in the donkey farm with disabled people. And it was awesome to see how much work they have done to rise plants and make art around the farm. In the project I was free to introduce my ideas and use imagination for personal activities. I did upcycling of old furniture. I managed the page of the organization and wrote articles for the EVS blog. I got chance to be volunteer at festival in another region where I worked in the bar and Italian restaurant where I met amazing spirit of Italian people,volunteers and became the part of their team.
After getting a lot of experience in hospitality I was able to manage activity programmes, budget and groups arrival alone.
Most part of my project was about hosting different groups. Most exciting and beautiful thing I remember is that I felt myself like their family member. That was the sweetest thing while being far away from my home country. We discussed problems and share our thoughts and emotions.
I think all days was particular with the experience. But for sure funny moments was connected to food and coffee in Italy. Before the project I loved to enjoy my life with the big cup of Americano. But after arriving in Italy I figure out my pleasure time was so short with shot of Espresso. Then I found solution to order Cappuccino to make it longer or I just used to drink lot of Espresso like I got headaches :D <3
There is so much to say but to sum up that six month of EVS was exploration of myself, getting my goals and setting new ones, getting and sharing lot of love, having new friends and awesome memories, becoming the part of amazing thing called volunteer world. That project gave me the chance to work and travel together that helped to make difference more and enjoy my stay. At the end motivation is number 1!

Nino was hosted by TAVOLA ROTONDA – IL CASONE 
https://www.facebook.com/Ilcasonevalledellaniene/ 
Coordinating organisation A RUOTA LIBERA ONLUS
http://www.aruotaliberaonlus.org/ 

Project is funded by Erasmus Plus programm - European Voluntary Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment