7 Nov 2021

ESC story from Slovakia- Lana Katsarava

Greetings from Slovakia! I am Lana Katsarava, 22 years old. I am volunteering in one of the most beautiful cities in Slovakia, called Banská Štiavnica. Banská Štiavnica is a small town, which still keeps its medieval character. The town is on the UNESCO list and hosts so many tourists every year.                                                         

Everything started in May, when I applied for the project and got an invitation from the host organization. I was so spontaneous and happy at the same time, so I didn’t hesitate. I packed my bag and came to Slovakia on the 17th of May. My organization is the "Calvary Fund". The mission of the Calvary Fund is to restore the Calvary—a sacral complex of churches and chapels. They are also running a youth hostel in the town and a scout campsite in the surrounding mountains. I work in the Calvary exhibition room. During the service I am responsible for opening the churches, providing information to tourists, and selling souvenirs. During the summer, we organized a summer scout camp, prepared the whole area before their arrival, built tents and other wooden constructions.

From the day I started the project, I met many people from Germany, France, Latvia, Turkey, the Netherlands, Czechia , Spain, Hungary, and so on. I developed my language, communication skills, traveled around Europe, tried paragliding and climbing, exchanged cultural and social information. My project will be finished in December and I already feel sad to farewell my new friends and places here. I am grateful for the memories I have collected in Slovakia and want to thank ESC, Georgian Youth for Europe and my host organization for this opportunity.




No comments:

Post a Comment