10 Nov 2021

ESC Story from Slovakia - Nino Sherazadishvili

I’m Nino Sherazadishvili, 27 years old Georgian girl from Tbilisi, and I would like to, share my volunteering story. 

I arrived in Bratislava four months ago and since then I have been working as a volunteer in one of the non-government non-profit organization called SPOSA. Its main goal is to integrate children and young people with autism spectrum into society and help them in various ways.

If you ask me what is the most interesting thing about all this, I will tell you that not a single day and not a single minute are alike when you spend it with a person with autism. This type of project requires daily innovation and challenges from the volunteer. It is a glorious feeling when you allow yourself to break all stereotypes and find another,  completely different world, very special and in memorable colors. 

During my stay here, I found out, even more, the profound differences that exist between our countries. The quality of life of people with fewer opportunities and their involvement in the community's life. That is why I think about what we can do better in Georgia to see the current situation with a different eye and eliminate problems.

I think this is the main goal of the European Solidarity Corps volunteering. 

And Beyond these, to get to know the country and the culture where I live and work.  Now I can say with confidence that participating and getting involved in this particular project in Slovakia, Bratislava, was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life


No comments:

Post a Comment