6 Nov 2021

Salome Chochua ESC story from Poland

Hello, I am Salome Chochua, 23 years old. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and I’m planning to study educational sciences for Masters. My European Solidarity Corps volunteering project in Caritas, Gdansk, Poland is coming to the end. 

The main goal of project was to integrate foreign volunteers into group of Children in Need, to give them a chance to experience new culture, connect with new, international people and develop new academic and social skills. Simply, we the project is trying to make sure that every child has a safe, happy and secure childhood.

During my stay here I have been working with children. I, with local teachers, was trying to build trusting relationships with children within the group. We conducted workshops, and different projects on important topics. I was supporting the project, planning, implementing and evaluating programme events, seminars and other national/international events, providing input and supporting with creative ideas for strategic development of the center. I took part in implementing outdoor, cultural and educational activities.

The city, by itself is amazing. Beautiful, cosy and friendly atmosphere of the city created my stay here unforgettable. Here I made lot of new friends, met with international people from all over the world. I believe this project helped me a lot to develop cultural awareness and open-mindedness. I think I’ve gained enormous growth in confidence and independence, a sense of achievement, and became aware of possibilities.




No comments:

Post a Comment