28 Apr 2020

Nika's story from Lithuania

Hello, I am Nika Javakhishvili, 22 years old. My project started on September 1, 2019 and will be completed by the end of August 2020. I am a volunteer in Telsiai, Lithuania. 
My activity is about the work of young people who have an entertaining and cognitive character. Our main task is to keep young people engaged in sports and active life. We have one building in the city where the main activities take place, and we also have outings in a building near the city where several day camps are held, which also has an extreme look. We also often hold culinary days where I share my experience and prepare Georgian dishes. At the center we have both table toys and musical instruments for them and we use them if we wish. It is a great experience for me and this project gave me a chance to improve my English. However, the majority of young people do not know well and we are trying to establish an English club for them as well. We also have various events related to the holidays. I had training where I met other volunteers from different countries who had a lot of experience in communication and English. 
For the summer we have planned several camps for young people where we will use bicycles and I think it will be very interesting. I also conduct training on organization and introduce Georgia. I am very happy about this project  because I got a big experience in my life. It was my first fly to different country, I meet a lot of people and now hey are my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment