25 Apr 2020

Tallinn Meelespea Kindergarten 2019-2020

I am Nana from Georgia and I am very happy that I am volunteering at Meelespea Lasteaed in Tallinn.
Before starting this project I never been in Estonia, but I always wanted to explore this part of Europe. Many of my friends were studied at the University of Tallinn and they were totally in love with Estonia. Based on their recommendations I decide to choose Tallinn as my next destination and one of its best kindergartens – Meelespea. I am really glad I did it. From the first days when I came here I found that Estonians are really friendly towards Georgians and many of them know Georgia really well. Volunteering at Meelespea kindergarten is a big experience, but at the same time also a big challenge for me. Kindergarten administrative and teaching staff are really high-
professionals. The environment is colorful and modern. Everybody is open for new suggestions and initiatives and I am always free and independent to do whatever I want in the frame of my work responsibilities. Daily activities are very well organized and interesting. I spend my working day with many kids, who are incredibly smart and friendly, but also each of them is an individual and specific, therefore I have to deal with each of them in a way which will meet their needs. This time I also learn how to be their friend and when necessary their teacher, who will give them advice. Recently I also notice that I am able to communicate with children in Estonian, which makes our mutual understanding even better. Every day we spend time together, they often ask me to play with them and do different activities. There are lots of things to explore together: Museum visits, Zoo, botanical garden and many more. We don’t have time for boredom!

Besides my work activities, there are lots of things to do and to explore. For example living in an international environment with new friends, new cultures and languages. Sharing amazing moments together, having fun, travelling, gaining more self-confidence and unforgettable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment