24 Jan 2021

ESC story from Lithuania - Giorgi Kakhniashvili

Labas. I am Giorgi Kakhniashvili 27 years old from Georgia. I am in Lietuva since 19th October. I was so happy to take part in this project and I am lucky to be in this great country, with nice people.

First time, it was hard, because of self-isolation, due to covid19. But after 2 weeks, I went out, met other volunteers and then they became my friends. When we are together we have a great time and so much fun.

I am working in Kindergarten. It is so interesting and joyful to me. I had no experience working with kids before. First days was a little bit strange for me and uncomfortable-I did not understand anything. But now, I know some „key“ words, I got know the children and now, I love them, I am happy to be with them, and I think I can make them happy every working day. I am so much active like them, so it is easy to spend a couple of hours with them. Teachers are also great,  they are very nice and kind to me. Fortunately, they can speak both-English and Russian and it is so easy to have a good communication with them. They make me all comfort I need in Kindergarten to feel like a their team member. When Kindergarten was closed, I was so bored at home and I wanted so much to rejoin them. Nowadays, there are only 6 kids, but I hope next month there will be more.

My hosting coordinator is Roberta Daubaraite from A. Lipniūno kultūros centras. I was so happy when she called me and gave me positive answer to come in Lietuva. She and GYE did a great job and gave me all the necessary documents to prepare for visa. Thank them again. I am very lucky to be Roberta’s volunteer. She is a great person and more than a coordinator to us. She invites us often to her family and we all cook together different kind of dishes, as international and of course national foods. I liked so much „kugelis“. Each time when we (her volunteers) meet Roberta, we are happy and have a pleasant time. Sometimes we go to her office and do some favor to her. During the Covid-19 isolations, she supplied us with food and all the medicaments needed for prevention against corona virus. Couple of weeks ago I did corona test and it showed that I never had corona, in spite of, that my flat-mate had. I was so surprised and confuses in a good ways.

So, during the corona time, I think I had a good time, I am satisfied and it was a totally right decision to come in this country. I have left here 7 months more and I am sure that I will have more great time, I am waiting with full excitement to open borders to travel nearby Lietuva.

So, I am sure everything will be good, we must protect the rules against Covid-19 and I believe we can defeat corona. We have learnt a lot of from the last year. Take care and keep strong.

With love, Giorgi Kakhniashvili



No comments:

Post a Comment