22 Jan 2021

Greeting from sunny city - ESC story from Lithuania

As you all know me, I am Ana Nemsadze. As a volunteer I am working at school Didzdvaris Gimnazia, Radio club project and it has been already five months living in Siauliai, Lithuania. 

December and itself January was quite challenging. As long as I love these holidays and it’s my family time, I was missing everything and got little bit homesick. But upcoming projects helped a lot to concentrate and have fun here, where I am now. During December I have prepared presentation about what kind of celebrations we have during at this time in Saqartvelo. In every classroom I would show up with decorations on my glasses or head to make if more fun and enjoyable atmosphere. Students were expressing and comparing our traditions to theirs, in that way we connected with Christmas spirit. After classes some even asked recipes of traditional meals. At home as much as we could have decorated house, have a challenge of Christmas movies and bake a lot of ginger cookies😊

Despite of this pandemic situation I have not stopped working and honestly it helped a lot. I got the whole idea about how cruel Baltic weather can be, but even in this -24 outside we have fun. Our lake was frozen and woods where covered in total white, as long as I love snow and I hoped to have some on my birthday my wish came true. I had marvelous one. We have been sliding, walking into the snow and enjoying every moment out of it.
I am also very happy that I was able to implement my first personal project as a volunteer. I decided that according to pandemic situation, we don’t know when we will return to our normal lives and travel again. So, I thought, why not let’s organize a story telling contest with the name “I have pinned my dream destination”.  https://www.facebook.com/RadijoKlubas

I have so many participants so far and it seems everyone is enjoying it.                                              I have been actively working for our school’s newsletter and blog.   https://radijoklubas994.blogspot.com/?fbclid=IwAR3KNi4TOgDzMvJGQfjNHboWvavgesWlp18UkmQmLiQP5pmUMrgGqxjykDo  
Also have been recording very interesting topic for my radio shows which you can listen on 99.4 FM. We are also working on to improve our YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLsgfvbSxZGwwTGq6zy_PMA/featured
At this moment I am creating a small guideline, a short video about volunteering and why students should choose ESC projects. I am trying to be as involved in school life as much I can and have fun with the process. I love every moment of it. Wish you all an exciting year

Love,
Ana



No comments:

Post a Comment