1 Apr 2021

ESC story from Poland

Cześć I am Nutsa, and I am a volunteer in Poland. I started my project 6 months ago in a small village called Długopole Górne.  Desire to do a volunteering service came after my short-term EVS experience. My short-term EVS was one of the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have collected lots of memories, skills, experiences, friends, opened new horizons and met lots of new people. After this amazing experience, I was waiting for the right time to do long-term EVS.

Poland already had my heart before I came here and the reason, I chose Poland is that I was extremely interested about its cultural traditions, language and people.

In my hosting organization I am working in the office. Mainly, I have done presentations, workshops and other interesting activities. During this time, I have gained new skills such as teamwork and collaboration, organizational skills, critical thinking, computer skills, etc.

I am an animal activist. I deeply care about animal rights and welfare. I feel committed to spread awareness on animal cruelty. One of the workshops that I have done was about Animals in Entertainment which gave me an opportunity to present and talk about this topic with the youngsters. I can say that it was very successful workshop that I am proud of.

Furthermore, I had time for creativity which helped me to organize interesting and fun activities.  I organized Olympic games which turned out greatly interested.

During these 6 months I have discovered a lot about Poland. My journey in Poland was quite adventurous, filled with experiences and challenges.  Moreover, with our Polish language classes which was provided by my hosting organization, I am able to communicate with Polish people.

Briefly to conclude, lots of great things has happened to me during my time in Poland and I think it was great decision to come here.

And what I believe is that “You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.” – Alan Alda




No comments:

Post a Comment