20 May 2020

ESC story from Latvia

Hi, I’m kety 26 years old from BATUMI and I’m doing my volunteering job in Latvia, small beautiful city Liepaja in Nīcas jauniešu centrs (Nica youth centre). I came to Latvia last summer (July) and started new life. At the beginning it was hard to live in new country, with new people, new culture, new language and new food but I’m person who adaptation everything soon and try to be strong within all situation.

I always had a dream go abroad and make myself in new challenge, get to know new culture, new people and friends. One of my friend told me about project and I immediately sent CV. At that moment I thought it was only attempt and I can’t do this but I’m here right now and I’m so proud of myself, I think this period of my life is one of the unforgettable year.  Now I live near of forest and sea, one of the most beautiful place in Latvia.

About the project > As I said I work in youth centre with 8-22 years old children and teenagers, I make everything what I can to do for them, I made English club (also help them to do English homework if someone need it), movie nights, competition of different games, cooking workshops, art workshops, handmade workshops and sawing workshops. We planned to make camping and cleaning days in summer time. My relationship with children, teenagers and manager is super cool we are friend, they are very friendly. A bit about my mentor she’s great woman she help me whatever I need, Our relationship is more than just mentoring.

I had two greatest training where I met volunteers from different countries, we share each other our country culture and traditions, many of them make wish to visit Georgia, I hope they will. I learnt a lot of things by this project and this period of my life. My English level is higher than it was before project. I discovered different skills and talents in myself, got new great experience and new friends. I have to tell big THANK to ESC, NA, GYE, RVP, ERASMUS+ and all of them who make project for youth, it’s great opportunity for us. I wish to all youth to do ESC project once in their life.


No comments:

Post a Comment