3 May 2020

Journey of being volunteer in abroad -Tatia's story

Almost 1 year ago association "Georgian Youth for Europe" helped me, I became participant of the European Solidarity Corps project and joined to Caritas of the Archdiocese of Gdansk.  I Started journey of being volunteer in abroad.  To be a part of an incredible project means a huge experience, I developed various competences such as social, personal, linguistic.

To live and work with foreigners, to meet other volunteers from different countries, gave me opportunity to feel other cultures, to compare everything, to see myself from different perspective. Here I started to express, to talk about what disturbs me.  One day, after an issue my Spanish friends asked me “Tatia, how do you feel”- and the little question became absolutely enormous, I couldn’t answer, because I was not accustomed to express my emotions and go so deeply.

I think the European Solidarity Corps project is must do thing, because within project you are developing, becoming totally different person and for sure the whole your life you will feel the feedback of ESC.


No comments:

Post a Comment