1 May 2020

Should I stay or should I go?


I will try to share my experience of the following project (European Solidarity Corps), this is not standard article, I am trying to give you ideas and challenge to do same project.

We always have choices in our lives, We usually have Dilema, should I stay or should I go. Exactly same happened to me when I was heard about Erasmus + (European Solidarity Corps) project in Different countries and mainly in northern Italy. I had everything in my amazing country Georgia - Job, family, friends… but still if you also have felt that something is missing of these beautiful list, you will understand– this is called desire of changes, discoveries and challenges.

I always wanted to discover different countries, cultures, nationalities, languages. Especially Italy was considered as my second homeland from my childhood. I am still talking about my background knowledge and experience in order for you to understand that I had normal and good life in my country also, I have not made this decision of spending one year in Italy because I had nothing to do, no it is vice ‘versa. The decision is always hard for me  and somehow painful, but we all do it time by time. The thing is that I wanted to go out of my comfort zone.

Why I decided Italy (Bolzano, Alto-Adige) and not another European country?
The answer is so simple – it was my goal, my target country was Italy and also I wanted northern part because of Alpes, Dolomites and amazing nature. Also this is very Interesting region – Trentino – Alto Adige.   As you know, Bolzano is bilingual city (Italian and German), So if you like multicultural environments, this city is for you. In the Bank, Shops, Markets, Banks, in almost all public spaces you will discover that almost everyone speaks German also, that happens because the city itself is very close to border of Austria. Also this part of South Tirol was part of Austria till the first world war.
What about my organization – ,,la strada der weg’’ – it has services: study center, children’s and youth area, dependence area, culture, territory and family area, women’s area and equal opportunities, prevention and advice area, volunteering area, school area. I work in volunteering area and my job was to help children after school with different kind of activities in Italian language. (I am studying Italian now too online because there is no chance of face to face communication and work while we have lockdown).
The difficult part started when we realized we have to be at home when Corona virus appeared. But I hope from Summer it can change a little bit, but schools are no longer going to be opened until September. I am finishing my  volunteering at the end of September, 2020.
This is amazing experience in life – you see how strong you can be even in different country and with different community.


No comments:

Post a Comment