10 May 2020

Volunteering in the football association "Supra"


Hello, I am Konstantin from Georgia. My project is in Kwidzyn, Poland, in the football association “Supra”. My project includes sport activities with children, age 5-13. Everyday we have several group of children, who are coming in our football club. Our aim is to teach them professional football, discipline and respect. I am assistant trainer and my competence is to help head coach to do training sessions. Also, we have senior team, with whom I am playing in polish league.


When I came here, everything was strange, because here is the problem of English communication, people know only polish and you are obliged to know polish. After months, I learnt polish well and everything became better step by step. Kwidzyn is really small city and all people knows each other, so you have opportunity to know more people as much as you can.
People from my association (host organization “Supra”) are brilliant, they accepted me as a friend and it helped me to get used to training, our lifestyle and etc. even more, I have private English lessons to children from our academy, which gives us opportunity to understand each other better.
I should say several words about my coordinating organization “Akwedukt”, who always helps us in any case of trouble. We are keeping touch almost everyday and they always warn us about new laws, new government restrictions.
To conclude, I will admit, that I am very happy to be here and I wish I had more time here, than I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment