6 Dec 2018

EVS Story from Romania


Recently Georgian youngster Mariam Nairashvili doing her EVS in Romania. She would like to share her Life changing experience with you.

“Firstly, Erasmus + volunteering service is the opportunity of development and self-enhancement. The reason, why I decided to enroll in EVS and start volunteering journey three months ago, is that I knew something different and original was expecting. Expectations were high and all of them came true. Craiova, Romania, my current “EVS home” became the place of diversity and brand new challenges. My SO (Sending Organization) is Georgian Youths for Europe and I’m doing my EVS in Anter. My volunteering contains being a friendly teacher of healthy lifestyle. Thus, it’s a healthy lifestyle promotion at high school from 9th to 11th grade students. The project’s name is “Be fit” and we are doing encouragements of being healthy and benefits by conducting vast kind of events, conferences and competitions through Odobleja High school students in Craiova, Dolj, Romania. Duties and responsibilities are simple- you have to do your best, at least try to make something valuable for community. Additionally, we have a Romanian classes provided that helped me for an adaptation in society, even more. We are stimulating our project by online E-magazine and promotion videos that make project popular, also write articles about urgent topics that are nowadays problems.
Secondly, the point of being volunteer is precious. People are getting involved for better future. I start learning how to express myself with other nationalities and represent my cultural background at the same time. It’s also very important to mention that I’m living with other nine people in the same house and we are all gathered like a family. EVS is a family. It gives you an opportunity to get to know other people’s cultures, explore old or new traditions, plus tricks. People care about each other here and we all know our personal values and respect them. It is one big tolerant and diverse environment which is open for every motivated individual. You can learn individualism here. Although, during the free time, I had an excellent opportunity of traveling around. Romania has a pretty much convenient location in Europe so that’s why I visited Hungary and Italy. Consequently, you can also travel around and use free time for chasing random places.
Overall, EVS was incredibly amazing and priceless opportunity that should be tried by each of us. Unfortunately, I’m already at the end of the project and it’s so painful to leave the place that gave me a lot of friends, memories and wonderful experience.



















No comments:

Post a Comment