8 Dec 2018

Georgia choose me.

Georgia choose me.

„How you choose Georgia?” This is the most common question I hear. I thought about this. When I was looking EVS project I didn't look to go to specific country. I was looking for a project which I will be interesting. I found few and sent my application. I didn't want to rush and I had a time. I got different answers and always was something wrong: time, details about project, tasks, place where I will be live.

Than one day I found old project in GYE. I red all information and sent my application. Unexpected quickly I got e-mail back. After few messages we set the date. Ours Skype interview was great and I was starting my EVS in October.  


I was very early flight. I was in Rustawi at 5 am. I was sat in my bed, take deep breath and said to myself: „I am in Georgia and I will be live here for a year”. For next few days I couldn't find my place. I felt a little confuse. I just walk around and try to know my new neighborhood better.


Now, I fell here more like at home. My two months here has gone by so quickly. I meet a lot of people not only from Georgia, but from all over the world. I lead two clubs. I have meetings with young people. We practice English. I am really happy when I see how they involve. I am very proud when they start speak better, and they are using word which I told them. Also, I learn a lot from them, about Georgia and how life look likes here.
I share my time with another volunteers, we cook and eat together, celebrate birthdays, travel and learn Georgian. I try Khachapuri, Lobio and I fall in love in Khinkali.

I spent few days in Kobuleti on my arrival treeing, I was in Kazbegi, Uplistsikhe, Borjomi and in Tbilisi a lot of times, I can even count all ready. I am happy that I have 10 months more to explore Georgia"- Marta from Poland






















No comments:

Post a Comment