9 Dec 2018

This experience will change me



Tbilisi Waterfall
Abdou French Volunteer : "Two months already, now that I'm in this European adventure, well OK, we're not really in Europe here Georgia, oh sorry Hello from Georgia. So by or started dear friends I arrived all curious to know what this country will be able to bring me and to teach me, without real knowledge of that language, I even heard that Russian will be useful in the dailies life. Never, never have I ever thought that one day I will be here. I feel like a dream sometimes yes, a dream I adapt so fast sometimes but here I am at home now, so Gamarjoba bicho and gogo. Yesterday, I found myself in a shop doing my shopping, not understanding everything that people say to me and all that are normal.Now and therefore I'm no longer need to hear and understand all, one or two words are enough for me to sort of see what that person wants and then the context helps a lot. It's been two months since I was here, but I feel that this experience will change me, I had the opportunity to do some traveling and I would like to do more. The food here is just amazing Khachapuri, khikali. I wonder how I will be able to live in France without these dishes that we can buy on the street for 2 to 3 lari maximum.

In one aspect, I wonder how I can stay here in Rustavi for a period of 6 months because casually we quickly made the tour of this small town, situated in the south of Tbilisi. To make it short when you visited the park, Méria square, Megobroba qucha and New Rustavi and then to the bazari. Already you did the most of you can do the city. But to be quiet, there is no better, because when you want to do nothing and just rest or work, Rustavi is the best.



At GYE, I run the conversation workshops in English and French. The organization gives me the opportunity to have an IT workshop which is the right moment to discuss about computer programming, entrepreneurship and computer skills. Those topics are directly related to my degree in economics and Management Pathways Mathematics, Computer Science and Statistics Applied to Economics and Management (MISEG). After we remain a mokhalisé (volunteer) that why I'm always ready to help when there are some things to do for others workshops.


Outside of my main mission here, I go once a week to Saponela which is a home for young people where I prepare things to do based on object of recovery or decorations for Christmas with string, chisel, and paper". 

Making a butterfly in Sapovnela Day Center


Borjomi

Acharuli Khachapuri

Rustavi Park


Working kids from Gardabani



Udabno festival






No comments:

Post a Comment